MY FAVOURITE STANDALONE ROMANCE BOOKS

 TOP 5 STANDALONE ROMANCE BOOKS

"Books, like friends, should be few and well chosen"

-Samuel Johnson


1.THE SPANISH LOVE DECEPTION- ELENA ARMAS

SYNOPSIS:Catalina Martín desperately needs a date to her sister’s wedding. Especially since her little white lie about her American boyfriend has spiralled out of control. Now everyone she knows—including her ex and his fiancée—will be there and eager to meet him.

She only has four weeks to find someone willing to cross the Atlantic and aid in her deception. New York to Spain is no short flight and her raucous family won’t be easy to fool.

Enter Aaron Blackford—her tall, handsome, condescending colleague—who surprisingly offers to step in. She’d rather refuse; never has there been a more aggravating, blood-boiling, and insufferable man.

But Catalina is desperate, and as the wedding draws nearer, Aaron looks like her best option. And she begins to realize he might not be as terrible in the real world as he is at the office.         

TROPES: enemies to lovers, fake relationship, slowburn , grumpy-sunshine, guy falls first, one bed, office romance

QUOTES:      
"I'll give you the world, the  moon. The freaking stars. Anything you ask, it's yours. I'm yours.
       "Because it was all you were willing to give me. And I'd rather have you hating me than not have you at all"

RATING: ★★★★★ /5

                    SPICE: 🔥🔥🔥.5 /5

2.THE LOVE HYPOTHESIS- ALI HAZELWOOD

SYNOPSIS: As a third-year Ph.D. candidate, Olive Smith doesn't believe in lasting romantic relationships--but her best friend does, and that's what got her into this situation. Convincing Anh that Olive is dating and well on her way to a happily ever after was always going to take more than hand-wavy Jedi mind tricks: Scientists require proof. So, like any self-respecting biologist, Olive panics and kisses the first man she sees.

That man is none other than Adam Carlsen, a young hotshot professor--and well-known ass. Which is why Olive is positively floored when Stanford's reigning lab tyrant agrees to keep her charade a secret and be her fake boyfriend. But when a big science conference goes haywire, putting Olive's career on the Bunsen burner, Adam surprises her again with his unyielding support and even more unyielding...six-pack abs.

Suddenly their little experiment feels dangerously close to combustion. And Olive discovers that the only thing more complicated than a hypothesis on love is putting her own heart under the microscope

TROPES: fake dating, stem romance, age gap, grumpy-sunshine, slowburn, workplace romance, one bed, I hate everyone but you, guy falls first 

QUOTES:

"I wish you could see yourself the way I see you"

"Her. voice was barely audible in the chaos going on around them, but it was   what got through to him. He turned to look at her, and there were entire worlds in his eyes" 

                                                  RATING: ★★★★★/5

                                                  SPICE: 🔥🔥🔥.5/5 

3. FROM LUKOV WITH LOVE- MARIANA ZAPATA

SYNOPSIS: If someone were to ask Jasmine Santos to describe the last few years of her life with a single word, it would definitely be a four-letter one. After seventeen years—and countless broken bones and broken promises—she knows her window to compete in figure skating is coming to a close.But when the offer of a lifetime comes in from an arrogant idiot she’s spent the last decade dreaming about pushing in the way of a moving bus, Jasmine might have to reconsider everything.Including Ivan Lukov.

TROPES: slowburn, sports romance, sick-taking care , grumpy-grumpy, forced proximity, enemies to lovers, guy falls first

QUOTES: 

"Because I'm okay with you having ten other people be your favourite. But you're always going to be my favourite person."

"I will always have your back, you know that"

"I will drag your stubborn beautiful ass, kicking and screaming back to ma, because nobody else will ever be good enough for you" 

 "I love you so much I spend all day with you, and it still isn't enough for me" 

                                            RATING: ★★★★★/5

                                            SPICE: 🔥🔥.5/5 

4.ALL RHODES LEAD HERE- MARIANA ZAPATA

SYNOPSIS:  Losing people you love is hard.Aurora De La Torre knows moving back to a place that was once home isn’t going to be easy. Starting your whole life over probably isn’t supposed to be.But a small town in the mountains might be the perfect remedy for a broken heart.Checking out her landlord across the driveway just might cure it too. 

TROPES: age gap, single dad, grumpy-sunshine, I hate everyone but you, slowburn

QUOTES:

"You are a part of us, I told you before, didn't I? I don't know how anybody would let you walk away, and it isn't going to be me. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever. Are we clear? "

"You're my best friend to, sweetheart. I really missed hearing you talk, you know?"

RATING:★★★★.5/5

                                                      SPICE: 🔥🔥.5/5


5. ARCHER'S VOICE- MIA SHERIDAN

SYNOPSIS: I wanted to lose myself in the small town of Pelion, Maine. To forget everything I had left behind. The sound of rain. The blood. The coldness of a gun against my skin. For six months, each breath has been a reminder that I survived -- and my dad didn't. I'm almost safe again. But the moment I meet Archer Hale, my entire world tilts on its axis . . . and never rights itself again.

Until I trespass into his strange, silent, and isolated world, Archer communicates with no one. Yet in his whiskey-colored eyes, something intangible happens between us. There's so much more to him than just his beauty, his presence, or the ways his hands communicate with me. On me. But this town is mired in secrets and betrayals, and Archer is the explosive center of it all. 

So much passion. And so much hurt. But it's only in Archer's silence that we might just find what we need to heal . . . and live.

TROPES: strangers to lovers, sweet romance, deaf hero

QUOTES: 

"What are you doing here?I asked. You don't like thunderstorms, he answered."

"Each night before I fall asleep, I make it a point to turn to my wife and silently say: "Only you, only ever you" " 

                                                    RATING: ★★★★★/5

                                                    SPICE: 🔥🔥.5/5 


Primjedbe